Switch to 100% e-invoicing quickly and easily by integrating the sending of e-invoices into your billing system – and start reaping the benefits right away.
With Basware e-Invoice Basic, you send your invoice data to us directly from your billing system and we take care of creating and sending the e-invoices for you. Your customers can choose to receive invoices directly to their invoice processing systems or as email attachments.
Why e-invoicing integration makes sense
E-invoicing integration lets you take advantage of all the benefits that 100% e-invoicing brings – from day one and with no need to change your invoicing processes or systems.
It’s fully automated, helping you to eliminate time-consuming processes and saving you time and money with every invoice sent. It also offers flexibility for your customers because they can choose their preferred delivery method.
Benefits of Basware e-Invoice Basic
- Meet customer requirements for e-invoicing
- Easy to set up – integration with your billing system requires no changes
- Easy to use – send 100% e-invoices through a single interface; invoices are sent via your customers’ preferred channel
- Save time and money from day one – eliminate paper, printing, and postage costs, and boost your invoice processing efficiency
- Fully automated, easy-to-integrate service
- Secure encrypted data transfer – HTTPS communications and digital signatures
- E-invoices delivered as true e-invoices direct to your customer’s invoice processing system or via email
- E-invoices support line item information as well as attachments
- Customer support provided via telephone and email
- Full visibility over invoices sent and their current status via the Basware Transactions Monitor, our web-based monitoring tool
Detailed information and instructions
How it works
With Basware e-Invoice Basic you can send 100% e-invoices from any system that has the capability of saving invoice documents to disk. We convert your invoices to the correct format and send them to your customers via their preferred channel – straight to their invoice processing system or e-invoice service provider, or via email
The first step is to integrate with our service. This can be done in two different ways: You can either install a software client for transferring e-invoices directly to our service, or you can send your invoices via a secure FTP connection. All you need is your customer’s e-invoicing address, which is used as a unique identifier to ensure that the invoice reaches the correct recipient (see ‘What is an e-invoice address?’ below). You continue with your familiar billing system and processes and we’ll take care of everything else, ensuring that invoices reach your customers in the correct format and in good time.
You can also take advantage of our optional online archiving and digital signature services for ensuring legal compliance and integrity.
What is an e-invoice address?
It is a unique number allocated to senders and receivers of e-invoices. It is normally derived from the VAT, DUNS, or other company code. You will need to ask your customers for their e-invoice or email addresses before you can start using the service.
What is a digital signature?
A digital signature ensures the data integrity of the invoice during the sending process. If you are sending invoices from a country that requires digital signatures to be added to e-invoices, or if your customer is located in such a country, Basware can digitally sign your e-invoices for you.
Once your customer has received the invoice, you can download the digitally signed copy to your local archive from the Basware Transactions Monitor tool, where you can also view a history of all your sent invoices and track the progress of invoices that have not yet been received.
Setting up the service
- Order the service by clicking the button on this page or by contacting your local Basware sales office.
- We will request information about your invoice format and some sample invoices; implementation will begin once the implementation team has validated your sample invoices.
- The sender interface is integrated to your billing system during set-up and the invoice data is mapped to ensure that it is correctly processed by the Basware Transactions service.
- Contact your customers to let them know you will be starting to send e-invoices.
- Collect customer billing addresses – these will either be e-invoice addresses or regular e-mail addresses, depending on the customer’s preferred method for receiving invoices.
- Enter these addresses into your billing system.
- Fix an agreed date for switching over to e-invoicing; prior to this date, you should send some test invoices so we can verify that everything is working properly.
- Start sending e-invoices via the integrated interface direct to your customers, in their preferred format.
- View and track invoices sent – and their current status – via the Basware Transactions Monitor tool.