Basware Environmental Policy
Basware’s corporate responsibility is driven by high business ethics, company values, and legislation. As a member of the world society, we are responsible not only to our shareholders but also to our customers, employees, and the communities where we do business.
Basware is committed to responsible operation in all of its economic, social, and environmental activities. Our economic growth brings value to our stakeholders while supporting our environmental and social responsibility. From the environmental perspective, our solutions in part promote the reduction of office waste and the transition towards a paperless office.
Key points of our strategy to achieve environmental excellence are:
• Reduction of Waste by continual evaluation of our operations and by ensuring that environmentally friendly and sustainable alternatives are selected.
• Reduction of Energy Consumption by sustainable purchasing, office operations and individual behavior
• Reduction of Indirect CO2 Emissions by avoiding unnecessary business traveling and promoting use of public transport
• Active Promotion of Recycling (both waste and reuse of materials) internally and among our customers and suppliers
• Commitment to Continual Improvement and Prevention of Pollution by maintaining a structured Environmental Management System
• Monetary Donations to selected Environmental Protection Programs and participation to local environmental campaigns.
• Commitment to comply with relevant Environmental Legislation and other governmental guidance